Laser dentistry allows for fillings without injections! This latest technology is available at Utah Smile Clinic. Laser dentistry is only offered by a very small percentage of dentists nationwide, and is a highly sought-after technique for those seeking extreme safety and comfort at the dentist.
What are some benefits?
Here are some of the major benefits associated with laser dentistry:
- Procedures performed using soft tissue dental lasers may not require sutures (stitches).
- Certain laser dentistry procedures do not require anesthesia.
- Laser dentistry minimizes bleeding because the high-energy light beam aids in the clotting (coagulation) of exposed blood vessels, thus inhibiting blood loss.
- Bacterial infections are minimized because the high-energy beam sterilizes the area being worked on.
- Damage to surrounding tissue is minimized.
- Wounds heal faster and tissues can be regenerated.
Is laser dentistry safe?
There are risks associated with all procedures, but we’ve found laser dentistry to be extremely safe and reliable. When used according to accepted practices by a trained dentist, studies have shown it to be at least as safe as other dental instruments.
Is it really pain free?
Much of the pain a patient can feel during drilling comes from the heat generated by the drill. The waterlase laser we use doesn’t generate nearly the amount of heat and most of the time feels like water being sprayed onto your tooth. There are some patients who will feel some discomfort even with the use of a laser. We will normally use an anesthetic to numb the area when this is the case.